Monday, September 01, 2008

Floyer and Dawson

I'm back in London after a rather short 6-week holiday break. I have moved into my new home in Barbican called the Dawson Hall. Today I have unpacked all my stuff and rearranged them nicely in my new home.






On the 2nd day of my stay here, I can already make some comparisons between the this place and Floyer House:


Things I will miss about staying in Floyer House (and Whitechapel):


1. Dawson is probably not as 'meriah' as Floyer because there are a lot more of my Malaysian collegues of the same batch over there.

2. It's in Whitechapel - the Little India of London.

3. The big nearby Sainsbury. It is cheaper to shop here than in Central London.

4. The nearby wet market

5. The orang-orang mabuk 24hours on the streets

6. The Chinese crew of illegal DVD salesmen.

7. The olympic-size swimming pool at St Georges where I brave myself learning swimming in 3m-deep water

8. Within-walking-distance Regent's canal

9. Its Canary wharf's view

10. Its Genesis cinema

11. Its nearby Nando's

12. Cheaper to travel to hospitals

13. The oversized bathroom. So big I can add a bed and studying table inside.




Things that made me thankful to have left Floyer for Dawson:


1. Dawson has beautiful lawn, and my room is facing it!

2. Barbican is a much nicer place to stay than Whitechapel. There's St Pauls cathedral and River Thames especially.In 4th year you travel to different hospitals quite frequently, so why not pick somewhere nicer to stay if you are paying about the same rent?

3. Location: Barbican is in central London. There are a lot more travel options if I want to get to Oxford Circus, compared to Whitechapel. It's nearer too!

4. It's time for a change. 2 years in Floyer are enough!

5. My new room is bigger! Also, I have bigger space for storage,and for studying

6. Thank God for the lifts in Dawson (if not, I would have suffered terribly trying to transfer my heavy bags). Floyer doesn't have lift!





No comments: