Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pre Kenya trip blog entry

Fact #1: I'm officially broke. After a somewhat series of unfortunate events (hence the previous earlier blog entry), I end up using some of my 'emergency' money. Maybe justified lah, unfortunate events = emergency also what. If not, I'll end up canceling my WHOLE Kenyan trip and not refunded any single penny/cent!

JPA £££ nowhere to be seen. Hopefully by the end of the week.


Fact #2: I've been jabbed 4 times in 2 weeks. All in the name of avoiding suffering from infections when I return from Kenya. Vaccinations taken: Hep A, DTP, Typhoid, Yellow fever. Yellow fever vaccination certificate is officially needed to enter African countries. If you refused to get a vaccination, then you'll be forbidden to enter the country.


Fact #3: Despite the some brilliant researchers successfully making you immune against Yellow fever for up to 10 years with just one injection, the £50 (RM350!!!! That's at least 70 nasi ayam! or 70 wantan hor!) fee imposed is still not acceptable.

gee.. thanks, but no thanks


Fact #4: Nairobi City center. That's where I'm going to stay in Nairobi for 3 days when program ends on 25th (I'll be at a faraway city called Kisumu before that). After (the same) series of unfortunate events, I currently don't have a traveling company. It's very hard to contact the rest of my other 20+ friends to check on what they are going to do right after the program ends. Probably I'll get to meet Omair, a course mate who is already there in Kenya (NOW) having fun and becoming wasted.

Well, not like I care. I have traveled alone before this. In a foreign country.

It's very easy for me to imagine how dodgy things will be in Nairobi. However, after looking tthe pictures, things are looking up very brightly actually. It all boils down to this: Wherever you go in this world, you can find both heaven and hell in any one city.


Fact #5: I pay everything for my trip using my own money. How much? Sufficient to say, which otherwise I can afford a very, very luxurious holiday in Europe, and still have gone back home to Malaysia .

Though, I really, really hope the experience I get from Kenya get will be priceless.



CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!


3 comments:

ihsan_huhu said...

bawak balik kerbau kenya...

sm said...

well, the fact that u're flying to kenya is already a once-in-a-life-time experience. this trip is definitely worth the muhney. if by any means u feel dat its not fulfillin enuf, just think of someone who is so freaking envious (in a gud way of coz) u get to visit kenya,im sure u'll feel better after dat *grin*

Aaron said...

that envious (in a gud way of coz) person sounds like..... YOU?!?

=P