Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Silent Night

12.28am, 25th Dec

I'm sitting here on my chair typing this, feeling bloated after returning from a Christmas gathering at Dawson House. I was thinking of going to St Paul's midnight service, but with all the public transport lockdown starting from Christmas Eve, and cabs charging you extra expensive, I decided to go for the Christmas service later in the morning (11a.m) instead. I'm going to walk to St Paul's tomorrow! for 40 minutes!

It's great to have people around to celebrate Christmas with. With all the cakes, chicken (no turkeys unfortunately), wine, and mince pie, I am experiencing a Christmas celebration in an English way. This is my first time actually celebrating Christmas in London. Last year I was back home, and the before I was Rhys' house. London city centre is very quiet over this period of time when everyone's gone to their own hometown. There's not much traffic, and public bus are less frequently seen to. You see roads decorated with Christmas lights. There are many Christmas trees around too! I really love the atmosphere of Christmas in London!

However, I do feel upset with the fact that I'm not celebrating it at home this year. I would miss the the oppoturnity to meet my distant relatives, try authentic Sabahan food as well as spend time with my own family. The latter may not be quite true since everyone will be busy making preparations for Christmas. There's always something happening everyday, a lot of gatherings and I don't really have much time to meet my old friends. I guess that's what any family would do, to make up for the time they have not seen each other for long time, by planning very, very meaningful events on this occasion.

It's quite a silent (mid)night now. It's time for me to go to bed so that I have the energy to walk tomorrow to St Pauls. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

ihsan_huhu said...

makan kerbau.. mo mooooooo