Thursday, February 28, 2008

Austria, here I come!

Yeah, bought my flight ticket and settled my accommodation for my Easter holiday!! (on another unrelated story, I've bought my ticket back to Malaysia already!) woohooooo!

Destination: Salzburg 3 nights, Vienna 3 nights (Austria). Total: 1 week! The former is famous for its 'Sound of Music' location setting, while Vienna is famous for Mozart!

The scary bit is, I'm doing this alone. But then, nowhere near as Eliza's hardcore solo Spanish or French trip. Hehe. As much as that being a daunting thought, I'm more scared that I'll be bored and lonely. There won't be many people on some of the days I will be in Austria - as evident by the cheap flight and accommodation rates that I get (considering that I booked all these just over 2 weeks prior to holiday - really late!)

Guess I will have plenty of things to write about this experience as much as I did for previous solo trip to Amsterdam and Belgium in 2006, and my somewhat solo trip in Nairobi in 2007. I look forward to meet new friends.

Hope that everything goes well. And fun too.

And another matter, I was contemplating of going to Liverpool MNight on Friday, then KOP Ball and visit Abby in Bath the next day , return to London on Sunday...then fly to Austria on Monday 6 am (have to leave house by 2am) ! Woah!

3 comments:

Grace said...

hey aaron~ wat's great about solo trip ? i suppose u wont have many pics with u in it or do u ask ppl to take them for u ?hope u enjoy ur time~ God bless with protection :)

Aaron said...

i'm the lone-ranger type. haha. that's i don't traveling alone. Of course, having a company is better - they can be you chat buddy and also photographer. lol.

i've seen quite a lot solo travelers. one i met in sweeden was an australian who was traveling the world world. and he was having loads of despite - for the same reason like mine - you meet new people. Furthermore, it's a very much different experience

Anonymous said...

next trip sia join! ok.