Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Solo traveling

I have a 2-week easter break in March and as of now, everyone (that I'm aware of) already has their plans.

And I'm neither in any of those.

Reason being, I really want to go Ukraine to visit my friend, Jonathan, my La Sale exclassmate who is studying medicine over there. But I'm apprehensive with going ahead with that plan as tickets are expensive and even he himself says that there's nothing much to do over there. And I also need to pay for my visa to enter that country. So, I'm not sure if that's worth the trouble.

But then again, depending on everything else, that I would go Austria. Vienna is probably a must, and see a concert (and have my dreams fulfilled), then go to Lviv (ukraine) by train or flight. That works out to be much cheaper, as flight is about £70 London-Vienna (Batislava) with Ryanair. Then, if I decide to visit Lviv, then it would be much cheaper from Vienna.

This could be a good compromise. If I were to only go to Austria, then I could also go to nearby cities, such as Slovenia (that's where Batislava is), and Salzburg (where the famous Sound of Music is made). I don't think it would be too boring to even spend all 1 week in Vienna itself, otherwise I would have the aforementioned plans.

Another story of solo-traveling would be unfold soon.

It's scary, though.

2 comments:

Liez said...

honey- you gotta remember that Bratislava is a train ride (im not sure for how long) away from vienna. Ive been told its pretty though.....Vienna is a lovely city to wander- dont fall into a tourist trap and go for a tourist orientated show by those ppl who dress up in old fashioned clothes around town, instead ask the hostel about operas and concerts hapenning at real concert halls/opera- if you are willing to stand, tickets cost only a few euros....

Aaron said...

Thanks, Eliza. Should have planned my holidays earlier. I would not have such dilemma like now.