Saturday, May 19, 2007

A rather amusing newspaper article in New Straits Times - 19/05

He holds a parang to her neck, robs her and then says sorry

JOHOR BARU: Whatever else you might say about him, this armed robber was certainly polite.

After holding up a businesswoman, putting a parang to her neck, tying her up, taping her mouth shut and demanding her car and valuables, he apologised profusely.

The young and well-dressed dressed robber gently put his hand on her thigh and said: Minta maaflah kak, duit punya pasal saya kena buat macam ini. (I’m sorry sister, I’m doing this because I need the money.)

The 35-year-old principal of a language training centre said a man walked into the office at 7.20pm on Wednesday and began to make enquiries about the courses on offer. There were about six students taking computer lessons in the Taman Molek centre at the time.

"While I was explaining to him, he made a phone call and said ‘line clear’. That’s when I got suspicious.

"I excused myself and called my brother to inform the police. A few seconds later the other robber, who was quite well-dressed, came in with a parang and told me to shut up and surrender.

"They told the students to keep quiet and demanded my valuables and the keys to the car," said K. Malathi.

Concerned for the safety of her students, she did what she was told.

It was just before the pair left that the well-dressed robber apologised to her.

The whole episode was over in eight minutes. The men got away with her Proton Iswara Aeroback and RM5,000 worth of valuables

No comments: