Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 4 - Hello Vienna!

Took a 3 hour train to Vienna. Traveled with a Dutch friend whom I stayed with in the hostel. He took the same train to another city called Linz for a Christian conference. I by myself for the second 1.5 hours of my journey after he got off in Linz. Snowy weather ruled the entire journey and I was pretty sick and tired of snow by now. It did not help a bit when I got off at a wrong station called 'Wein Hustledoff' instead of 'Wein Westbanhof' as I had to wait for another 30 min before I could proceed with my journey in the freezing cold weather! Trust me, those 2 stations can be easily mistaken for an unfamiliar and uninformed traveller like me (all I cared was for me to get to Wien, the German for Vienna)

As soon as I checked into my accommodation (which was very 'interesting'), I went out exploring the city on foot til dark. I went out for 4 hours and it rained the last 2 hours. Despite the rain, I truly, genuinely, sincerely felt in love with Vienna. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Vienna! The city is full of Baroque/Victorian-theme buildings. Very beautiful!!!!


The last 2nd pictures above are of Vienna's high street. The last is Stephansdome - a really beautiful cathedral that has very beautiful ancient gothic lustre to it.

My accommodation has an extremely great location - smacked-right in the centre of the city and another super-long high street. The rooms are decent. My only reservations about this place are: not a sociable hostel (like in Salzburg) and its showers' doors cannot be locked! It's a place for just sleeping; probably more suitable for travelers in groups the for solo ones. However, I was lucky my room mates, which 2 were Greeks and 1 English, were very friendly and very considerate. I hanged out with them for the rest of the evening.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hahaha i'm looking for malaysian student in vienna and came across your page hahahaha -gemoi-