Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 6 - MAK, UNO, classical concert

Went to MAK, a museum of contemporary modern art. Not that i'm really into this kind of stuff, but since it's free on saturdays, I might as welll go. It displayed plenty of of household goods design that dates back to the roman, boroque era til today's. Almost like and IKEA museum. Some of the designs were so elaborated you cannot help but to admire the skills the workers had back then when technology hadn't developed. Next went to Jesuitkirsten, one of the most beatiful churches I've ever seen! I then went to , Vienna international city, Vienna's business district-the 'canary wharf' of vienna. Love the modern architecture, especially the church.Then Hofburg- an art museum collection + Imperial history. But just stayed outside. Next I went to Favoritaße, a high street outside the city centre.

I tried their Austrian sausages. Damn oily, but simply delicious!







I watched mozart's concert afterall( I didn't want to initially )! But plenty of 'interesting' journey before getting to Konserthaus, the location of the concert.

I was just about to turn into the junction to my hostel, when I randomly walked somewhereelse, that led me to Volkstheater, Vienna's prestigious theatre. Curiosity led to curiosity when I went in and dimply for ticket prices and its availability. The lady said I could even get ticket as low as €1! That, suddenly ignited my desire to watch the concert again!

I quickly rushed to Konserthaus' nearest station, Staadplast. But walked out of that station the wrong way! I was.... Lost! In a place that seemed like residential area- quiet patchy lit areas. I was lost for nearly 30 minutes now. My watch showed 7.30p.m, and I thought for some strange reason, already missed the concert. Mixture of nervousness and disappointment were very dominant.

With the kind help of an old lady who couldn't speak any english (she was very insistent that she would show me the direction despite the language barrier), and some helped from the bus driver and another passenger, I finally reached Konserthaus at 7.45pm! I was very happy the concert would only start at 8.15pm. I finished My last note, €20, for this concert.

All the effort was worthwhile. That evening was superb!




No comments: