Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 5 - Palace

Today I visited Schombrunn, a magnificent Austrian palace previously resided by the rulers of Austrian. I took a tour inside the palace, and I was in awe on the very elaborated designs of each room. The details of the patterns were very deep. I was amazed at the great wealth these rulers must had in their times. I didn't even have the slightest idea that any ordinary man today would even be able to enjoy such luxury. Of course, I really want to live in palace like this, given that I would plenty of cleaners (and money) to maintain it. Its surrounding area was magnificent too - the huge gardens (which have mazes), wide lakes and fountains.



I even had the chance to watch apple-struddle making demonstration, and had samples of it- wow!!!!!

The 2nd last picture showed a church at this place called Zenthralfriedhof. It is a church made in the center of cemetery ground which is about the size of 8 football fields! As to why I was at a cemetery, it was because I visited the graves of great music composers, namely Mozart, Beethoven and Strauss (it is promoted in the guide book!). These people are no longer fictitious to me.

This was the day I bought my 72 hours travel pass. It's great that I could get on any trams, trains and buses to go to anywhere in Vienna. Austria's public transport is one of the best in the world, and for a person who likes to go around randomly and stumble into interesting areas that are not listed in the guide book , I truly appreciate this system.

No comments: